copying to a MP3 reader ?

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Fri Dec 10 11:08:28 PST 2004

Frank Bonnet <f.bonnet at esiee.fr> writes:

> My daughter has a Iriver 380 T MP3 reader/encoder and I wonder if it
> would be possible to copy some MP3 files to her reader from FreeBSD ?

Probably; I don't know anything about that model, but some iriver
models definitely seem to have umass(4) support, in which case you
should be able to just mount the device as a USB hard disk, as
described in the Handbook.

Check your daughter's user manual.  Or just try it; if I were to place
a bet on it, I'd bet that the device will be supported just fine.