Graphical C programming with GTK 2.0

Miguel Mendez flynn at energyhq.es.eu.org
Fri Dec 10 11:02:41 PST 2004

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 19:48:08 +0000
Frank Staals <f.staals at zonnet.nl> wrote:

> I would like to build graphical C programs, therefor I wanted to use
> GTK. I tried to build the first program in the GTK Tutorial:
> http://www.gtk.org/tutorial/ch-gettingstarted.html and I tried to
> compile it as it was explained there: gcc mainwindow.c -o mainwindow
> `pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-2.0`  I couldn't compile it because
> of

Looking at the log it seems like you didn't use backquotes, so the shell
didn't expand the pkg-config command. Note that ' and ` have different
meanings.

Once you get past that I'd recommend you looking at libglade2, which is
almost essential as soon as you start writing programs with non-trivial
GUIs.

Cheers,
--
Miguel Mendez <flynn at energyhq.es.eu.org> | lea     gfx_lib(pc),a1