Has anybody EVER successfully recovered VINUM?

orville weyrich weyrich_comp at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 9 17:04:40 PST 2004

see below
--- Toomas Aas <toomas.aas at raad.tartu.ee> wrote:

> orville weyrich wrote:
>
> > So the procedure that worked for you was???
> >
> > resetconfig
>
> NO!!! At no point in the procedure did I do
> resetconfig.
>
> > create original.config.file
>
> Yes, that's basically it.

I tried that already.  It did not have the desired
effect.  It created TWO MORE plexes, that did not have
disk space to back them up (because the drives were
fully allocated by the original configuration.

It took me a while to figure out how to undo that (I
had to stop plexi p0 and p1 before trying to stop and
remove the new plexi p2 and p3).