Has anybody EVER successfully recovered VINUM?

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Thu Dec 9 16:35:07 PST 2004

On Thursday,  9 December 2004 at  7:06:35 -0800, orville weyrich wrote:
> See below
> --- Toomas Aas <toomas.aas at raad.tartu.ee> wrote:
>> I once had a problem with *invalid* vinum drive which was solved
>> following this advice from Greg Lehey:
>>
>> http://makeashorterlink.com/?V29425BF9

That's a different issue, of course.

> So the procedure that worked for you was???
>
> resetconfig

From the man page:

     resetconfig
             The resetconfig command completely obliterates the vinum configu-
             ration on a system.  Use this command only when you want to com-
             pletely delete the configuration.

This doesn't sound like what you want to do.  Which part of
http://www.vinumvm.org/vinum/replacing-drive.html is a problem for
you?

Greg