intermittent ath0

Tom Connolly tomc at cqg.com
Thu Dec 9 12:53:28 PST 2004

Erik Norgaard wrote:
> scott renna wrote:
>
> I haven't tested so thoroughly. However, I just upgraded to
> 6.0-CURRENT as of yesterday, recompiled the kernel with options
>
> device          ath
> device          ath_hal         # Atheros HAL
> device          ath_rate_onoe   # Onoe rate control for ath driver
>
> However, it _may_ be best to compile the kernel with ath compiled in
> rather than using a loadable module, and it may solve some problems if
> you update your source and recompile the kernel.

I use the ath0 driver also and I lose connection to the wireless router
sometimes.
I'm running FreeBSD 5.3 STABLE and using a D-Ling wireless card.
I have the driver compiled into the kernel but I don't have the
following:

device          ath_rate_onoe   # Onoe rate control for ath driver

Do I need this?  What does it do?

Thanks,

Tom