Memory problems:-(

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Thu Dec 9 11:27:33 PST 2004

Akhthar Parvez. K wrote:
> I have even tried replacing the RAM and upgrading the RAM. But nothing worked.
> And I am facing this issue on both my FreeBSd servers. And no problems in my
> redhat servers. Please do not give me an unmatured reply as my friends Oliver
> and Check gave.

A sense of humor is lost on some people, apparently.

The error messages you provided suggest hardware failure, whether of RAM, or
the CPU overheating, or from some other cause.  Taking the system apart and
reseating all components is a reasonable first diagnostic step, but if that
didn't work and you've exchanged RAM, then I'd try doing a 24-hour run of
www.memtest.org's tester and see whether your system can handle that properly.

--
-Chuck