Brighstor ARCserve Backup for Linux on FreeBSD

pete wright nomadlogic at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 14:51:45 PST 2004

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 14:48:26 +0100, Piotr Gnyp <toread at discordia.pl> wrote:
> Have anyone tried to install Brighstor ARCserve Backup for Linux on FreeBSD?
> discordia# pwd
> /mnt/cdrom/agents/Linux
> discordia# ./install
> ./install: 43: Syntax error: Bad substitution
>
> line 43 is:
>                 printf "%-42s" "$INST_MSG_102 ${FILESYS_GROUP[$VCOUNT]}"

to help you out we will most likely need more info on your system.  a
dmesg will help, as well as a "uname."  also do you have /compat/linux
installed?  if so which version?  is the install script a perl file,
shell script of compiled binary?  if it's a script is it calling the
/compat/linux sh?  i think you get the idea ;)

-p

~~o0OO0o~~
Pete Wright
www.nycbug.org