Help needed re Mozilla with libjavaplugin_oji_so

Dundar Turker Turker.Dundar at nrm.qld.gov.au
Wed Dec 8 14:45:12 PST 2004

This makes sense to me.  I too suspect it is some kind of version problem.  On Linux machines I had to use mozilla 1.7.3 to get this plugin working fine. Previous versions did not work. FreeBSD ports have version 1.7.2. I believe FreeBSD should make this 1.7.3 or newer versions of mozilla available in the ports.

By the way,  I did try to link libjavaplugin.so to libjavaplugin_oji.so as recommended Paul Schmehl and that did not work, I had the same errors. I also tried it with different versions of plugin and had the same error. It won't work, maybe because it requires mozilla 1.7.3 instead like it does on Linux.

If you have the plugin working fine with netscape then I would like to see it working with mozilla as well.. And if works  with mozilla then I would like to see which version of mozilla used.

I will try this ldconfig when I have a chance. It will take some time though as I will have to reinstall FreeBSD on my machine, I don't like its current state after all this...

Again, please if there is anybody out there using mozilla and got it working with java plugin I would like to hear from them what version of mozilla and which plugin they use...etc

Thank you,
Turker Dundar