configuring sound card on P4SP-MX SE

Paulo Fonseca Jr. freezumba at terra.com.br
Wed Dec 8 10:08:39 PST 2004

On Tuesday 07 December 2004 20:20, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> "Paulo Fonseca Jr." <freezumba at terra.com.br> writes:
> > I tried to configure my kernel including device pcm to set soundmax card
> > on P4SP-MX SE motherboard but config not runs ok: "device pcm is
> > unknown".
> >
> > Somebody who already installed this device on ASUS motherboard can help
> > me ?
>
> [I know nothing about your particular hardware, but...]
> Try loading the drivers for the sound devices.
> Just do a "kldload snd_driver" and it will load all of them.

My kernel was compiled with "device sound" and "device snd_sbc" after install
a Creative Sound Blaster and verify that my on board soundmax is not
supported by freebsd (handbook, section sound-setup - Audio devices). Even
thus soundmax, the pcm0 is recognized by dmesg but appears detached
and /dev/dsp and /dev/sndstat not exist.

any idea?

thanks all,
Zumba.