Help needed re Mozilla with libjavaplugin_oji_so

Kees Plonsz kees at jeremino.homeunix.net
Wed Dec 8 06:49:49 PST 2004

Dundar Turker wrote:

> Thanks for the quick reply... But I'm not so convinced with this answer...
> May I ask how will it change the process.?  In the end the
> libjavaplugin_oji.so is the one to get loaded isn't it, which in turn
> generates the error I get.
>
> I linked libjavaplugin_oji.so (not libjavaplugin.so) on Linux systems and
> got it working fine.  many different documents instruct the same, to use
> libjavaplugin_oji.so.
>
> many thanks,
> Turker Dundar

I think you are right, this is how it works with netscape(on myfreebsd-5.3)

/usr/local/netscape/plugins/libjavaplugin_oji.so->
/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.2_06/jre/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so

If you get en error with "Undefined Symbol", then you have a version
mismatch.

You may have to run "/usr/compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig" for dynamic linking
all available libs.

In my "/usr/compat/linux/etc/ld.so.conf" I put:
/usr/X11R6/lib