Mounting a network drive - winxp/nfs

George Katsanos georgek at intense-illusions.com
Wed Dec 8 05:55:07 PST 2004

Dear Sir,

I want to see the files of the other computer of my 2-pc lan , which runs
winxp and has a nfs filesystem.

I know that i must edit /etc/fstab , and use the smbfs utility as told on the
FAQ .

But i could not run smbfs command , and other commands like smbutil , ask a
lot of arguments and so , i cant find my way through this.

Can you give me some basic information on how to do this (i know that RTFM is
the way , but i really can't get the idea of this,i just know i must mount
the network drive like a normal harddisk device , and put it on a folder )

Thank you