mysql won't start on boot

Markus Hoenicka markus.hoenicka at mhoenicka.de
Wed Dec 8 00:23:06 PST 2004

Vonleigh Simmons <nospam at illusionart.com> was heard to say:

> 	After updating to 5.3 MySQL won't start at boot time. I read UPDATING
> and it says to include a line in /etc/rc.conf. But even after adding
> that line:
>
> # grep mysql /etc/rc.conf
> mysql_enable="YES"
>
> 	It still won't start up on its own after I reboot. However doing:

I'm sitting in front of a Windows box right now, so please excuse me that I
reply from memory. AFAIK there is an example start script in
/usr/local/etc/init.d/ which you have to rename to mysql.sh.

regards,
Markus

--
Markus Hoenicka
markus.hoenicka at cats.de
(Spam-protected email: replace the quadrupeds with "mhoenicka")
http://www.mhoenicka.de