Don't send test messages to -questions (was: test don't read)

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Tue Dec 7 17:18:10 PST 2004

On Wednesday,  8 December 2004 at  2:11:50 +0100, J65nko BSD wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 10:57:18 +1030, Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog at freebsd.org> wrote:
>> On Monday,  6 December 2004 at 23:28:21 +0000, agostinho wrote:
>>> test
>>
>> Please don't do this.  It gets sent to tens of thousands of people
>> round the world.  There's a special list for sending test messages.
>> Please use it instead.
>
> Greg, your response also gets sent to tens of thousands of people.
> Please reply privately next time to this type of posts ;)

Please note the supplement to the .signature:

> Sorry, couldn't resist ;)

There's a very good reason for that.  In the past, we've seen that one
person does something like this, and others copy him.  By sending one
message asking people not to do so, we can potentially nip many more
in the bud.

Sorry for the noise, people.

Greg
Finger grog at FreeBSD.org for PGP public key.