intermittent ath0

scott renna flexble2547 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 7 16:33:37 PST 2004

Hello list,

I've been running 5.3 for a little bit now using a
d-link g520 wireless card(ath0) and using a netgear
802.11b router.  I've noticed a problem with
intermittancy.  My system seems to have issues
maintaining steady data flow for long periods of time.
 I just noticed my system is unresponsive again so i
stuck a head on it.

when i try to ping my gateway I get the message:

ping: sendto: No buffer space available

I've been looking around to try to find a solution,
but no luck.  I was also trying to use the NDISulator
with this card, but the ndis0 device is never created
even after following the instructions in the handbook.
 I thought maybe using Windows drivers would fix this
issue as my wireless windows laptop has no problems.

has anyone else run across this situation?

thanks,

scott