NFS mount problem

Colin J. Raven colin at kozy-kabin.nl
Tue Dec 7 12:54:37 PST 2004

Greetings all,

I'm trying to export my home directory from an office machine (FreeBSD
5.3)  to my home (experimental/funNetBSD/Cobalt Qube2 ) box. I'm behind
a NAT DSL router at home and have full access to the FreeBSD box. On the
office machine I've created a share in /etc/exports and also made it
accessible only to my home IP.

I started these on the FreeBSD box:
mountd
nfsd
rpcbind
and checked to be sure they're running.

When I tried to mount the exported share on the local machine I got this
error message:
root at qube# mount nfs-server.name:/usr/home/colin serverhome
mount_nfs: rpcbind on server: RPC: Program not registered

Can anyone help me to understand what I'm doing wrong, or *not* doing
that I should be

Guidance, suggestions, [etc] would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
-Colin