Error updating mpeg4ip

Alan Curtis acurtis at ieee.org
Mon Dec 6 13:47:42 PST 2004

On Dec 6, 2004, at 4:01 PM, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 10:24:28AM -0500, Alan Curtis wrote:
>> While following the instructions in /usr/ports/UPDATING to upgrade
>> mpeg4ip (dated 2004111), I got the following error.
>>
>> Error: shared library "avcodec.0" does not exist
>> *** Error code 1
>
> That usually means you forgot to first update the ports upon which
> mpeg4ip depends.  Use e.g. portupgrade to do this.

I first got error first using portupgrade -a. I think the process in
/usr/ports/UPDATING handles the dependencies, does it not?

For reference, this is what I did.

   pkg_delete -f /var/db/pkg/mpeg4ip*
   pkg_delete -f /var/db/pkg/faad*
   cd /usr/ports/multimedia/mpeg4ip-libmp4v2 && make install clean
   cd /usr/ports/audio/faad && make install clean
   cd /usr/ports/multimedia/mpeg4ip && make install clean