php4-cli or mod_php4

Olaf Greve o.greve at axis.nl
Mon Dec 6 07:23:08 PST 2004

Hi,

> Correct solution would be to install mod_php4 first and then
> install all the necessary extensions via separate ports. For instance,
> get MySQL support in PHP you would install
/usr/ports/databases/php4-mysql.

> This way of installing extensions via ports was introduced when PHP
> 4.3.8 came out (and was mentioned in /usr/ports/UPDATING).

I C.
I wonder why they did this...
Oh well, never mind. It's good to know at least that there's no need to
fully recompile everything the way I did it (live and learn).
A quick question: did you happen to try this with GD2 as well? I want to
install the latest version 2.0.28 (IIRC) and I haven't yet gotten around
to doing so. I was wondering if GD2 can also be added flawlessly like
this, or whether GD2 does require a recompilation.

Anyway, if you don't know off-hand, it matters not. In that case I shall
simply RTFM for the proper installation procedure...

Cheers!
Olafo