Bug in newsletter

Lloyd Hayes lloyd545220-trucker at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 4 11:24:57 PST 2004

I recently switched virus software to F-Prot for Windows. I has located
a bug on all of my directories related to your newsletters. The same bug
exists in my Mozilla email software and Thunderbird email software.

I have a separate directory which the FreeBSD newsletters and emails go
into automatically, same as I do for Linux and several other special
subjects. Here are the results of a scan of all Thunderbird email files:

-------------------------------  NORMAL SCAN - REPORT
-------------------------------

F-PROT ANTIVIRUS
Program version: 3.16
Engine version: 3.16.1

VIRUS SIGNATURE FILES
MACRO.DEF created 11/29/2004
SIGN.DEF created 11/30/2004
SIGN2.DEF created 11/30/2004

StartTime: 12.02.2004  08:39

Scan settings:

Path to scan:
<Hard drive> C:\Documents and Settings\Lloyd\Application Data\Thunderbird\

Which files:
All files (Ignore extensions).
Scan inside archives.
Scan inside compressed executables
Scan inside subfolders.

Action if malware is found:
Disinfect.
How to scan:
Use heuristics (always in normal mode).

C:\Documents and Settings\Lloyd\Application
Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\lcns7tk5.default\Mail\Local Folders\FreeBSD
Infection: BAT/DelTree at troj (exact)
File deleted.
The scanning ended successfully, with infected or suspicious object found

Results of virus scanning:

MBRs scanned..........: 1
Boot sectors scanned..: 3
Files total...........: 166