Sysinstall XFree86 is missing for some reason...

CHris Rich freebsdnews at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 13:16:35 PST 2004

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 15:11:08 -0600, Joshua Lokken
<joshua.lokken at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 21:33:07 +0100, Kiffin Gish <kiffin.gish at planet.nl> wrote:
> > After doing a clean install of FreeBSD and running sysinstall, for some
> > reason XFree86 is missing. I thought I did an install of everything, but
> > just in case I do it all over again. Still no XFree86 on the list - what am
> > I doing wrong?

If it is 5.3 most likely it's because XFree86 isn't used
anymore...xorg is the server X windows now. From what I understand
there isn't much difference. The config file is /etc/X11/xorg.conf
however.

To run a configuration (if it's installed) try xorgconfig it takes you
through a wizard. Also check the handbook I think details about the
switch are in there.