Exim and FBSD 5.3

Nelis Lamprecht nlamprecht at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 23:40:00 PST 2004

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 21:19:19 +0100, Kees Plonsz
<kees at jeremino.homeunix.net> wrote:

> I am running freebsd 5.3 release
> I compiled it from the original source, not from the ports tree.
> It gives me a lot of extra compiling options wich was not
> available otherwise. ( Like running as user "mailnull" ).

Actually the default user/group for the port install is mailnull:mail
There are many configuration options(if not all) which can be
added/tweaked simply by editing the Makefile in the port directory(or
via the command line). The best part is it sets up all the directory
permissions user/group etc for you and generally just works. Trust in
the ports, it will save you a lot of headaches in the long run
especially when it comes to upgrading.

Nelis