moregroupware not working because of PHP

Nico Meijer nico.meijer at zonnet.nl
Wed Dec 1 13:43:42 PST 2004

Hi Justin,

Lemme get 'rough' on you... ;-)

> When I log on to my web server where running moregroupware
> ( www.webserver.com/webmail/setup/index.php ) I get :
> "Fatal error: Call to undefined function: session_id()
> in /usr/local/www/moregroupware/include/log.inc.php on line 70"

What FreeBSD version? What web server software? If apache, which
version? Which version of moregroupware? How did you install
moregroupware? How did you install php? Which version? Any extensions?
If so, which? Catch my drift? ;-)

Assuming an up-to-date FreeBSD 4.x or 5.x and apache-1.3.x from ports
and php4-4.3.x from ports, I'd say you missed php4-session.

What does `pkg_info |grep php4` tell you? One of my boxen says:
php4-4.3.9          PHP Scripting Language (Apache Module and CLI)
php4-mysql-4.3.9    The mysql shared extension for php
php4-pcre-4.3.9     The pcre shared extension for php
php4-pear-4.3.9     PEAR framework for PHP
php4-session-4.3.9  The session shared extension for php
php4-xml-4.3.9      The xml shared extension for php

> I think it has something to do with the /usr/local/etc/php.conf or
> php.ini I know this is not a moregroupware problem because I get the
> same error with squirrelmail.

I think you got this part right. ;-)

HTH... Nico