cvsup & http proxy problems

v.demartino2 at virgilio.it v.demartino2 at virgilio.it
Wed Dec 1 05:35:40 PST 2004

On a pentium box with FreeBSD 5.3 stable behind a proxy which needs authentication
I'm able to download the ports I need & compile them. To do so, you correctly
suggested in this ML to put the following lines in /etc/make.conf

FETCH_ENV= FTP_PROXY=http://myuser:psswd@proxy.myco:8080
FETCH_ENV= HTTP_PROXY=http://myuser:psswd@proxy.myco:8080
FETCH_ENV= FTP_PASSIVE_MODE=http://myuser:psswd@proxy.myco:8080

Well they work.

Unfortunately, when I issue the following command the anwer is as below

VicBSD# cvsup -g -L 2 /root/ports-supfile
Parsing supfile "/root/ports-supfile"
Unknown host "cvsup.it.FreeBSD.org"

(BTW, in /etc/resolv.conf there are the right DNS IPs)
I have read the docs which say that cvsup uses the same definition for proxies
of fetch.

What should I do?
Thanks
Vittorio