ntpd as broadcastclient - not working?

W. D. NewsGroups at US-Webmasters.com
Tue Aug 31 15:59:51 PDT 2004

Thanks for the info, Brad.

Reply below...

brad at shub-internet.org wrote:

> "W. D." <NewsGroups at US-Webmasters.com> wrote:
>
> > FreeBSD appears to expect these NTP programs to be
> > in:
> >
> > /usr/sbin/
> >
> > That is where the 2003 Oct port put them.
>
> That's because the FreeBSD port specification modifies the default location
> that we provide as part of the tarball.

> > downloaded the most recent 'ntp-dev' tarball I could find:
> >
> > ftp://ftp.starhub.net.sg/pub/funet/unix/tcpip/ntp/xntp/udel/ntp4/ntp-dev-
> > 4.2.0a-20040826.tar.gz
> >
> > I did a 'make install' as we discussed previously.  As
> > before, the files were compiled to:
> >
> > /usr/local/sbin/
>
> Right, which is the standard location we provide, unless you choose to
> over-ride it with something else -- which is what the FreeBSD port
> definition does.

Do you have any idea how to get in touch with
whoever is the FreeBSD port maintainer for NTP?

It would be great to find out why it is done this way.

Also, I'd like to find out if the port maintainer
could help update the NTP port so that this
broadcastclient problem could be solved with the
regular FreeBSD port, rather than having to do
everything manually.

--
Start Here to Find It Fast!™ ->
http://www.US-Webmasters.com/best-start-page/