ntpd as broadcastclient - not working?

W. D. NewsGroups at US-Webmasters.com
Tue Aug 31 15:37:32 PDT 2004

At 17:16 8/31/2004, Harlan Stenn, wrote:
>>At 14:57 8/31/2004, W. D., wrote:
>>For some reason, I can't get to the UDel.edu FTP site.
>>Do you happen to know why?
>>
>>ftp://ftp.udel.edu/pub/ntp/ntp4/

>If you cannot use FTP, it is because there were Serious Hacking attempts
>aimed at UDel from that netblock.
>
>You will have to use http instead.

Thanks, Harlan.  I tried using Lynx here:

http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~ntp/ntp_spool/ntp4/

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find where Lynx put the
file after is was downloaded--if it even really
downloaded it in the first place.

If I download using Windows and burn it to a
CD, would there be problems because the file date
would be off?

Also, I am still waiting to hear back from Danny.
I have a sneaking suspicion that the 2004 Aug. 20
version does not have his broadcastclient fix in
it.

--
Start Here to Find It Fast!™ ->
http://www.US-Webmasters.com/best-start-page/