3Com Etherlink III ISA support [was Question]

horio shoichi bugsgrief at bugsgrief.net
Tue Aug 31 15:18:28 PDT 2004

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 19:28:03 -0700 (PDT)
stheg olloydson <stheg_olloydson at yahoo.com> wrote:
> it was said:
>
> >the version of FreeBsd that i've tried does not support the network
> >card i have on the computer which is a "3Com Etherlink III ISA
> (3C509b->TPO) in PnP mode" i would like to know which versions of
> FreeBsd >supports this network card.

Assuming you are going to use i386 machine..

The interface is supported by many versions. See it yourself from
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/index.html.

In my experience, (the last version I used was on 4.4-STABLE), pnp mode
never worked for me. As others say, I had to configure them with dos.

> Hello,
(snip)