5.2.1 custom kernel build fails with floating point exception error#1 during make on Cyrix 333 cpu

Gordon Price gordon at barmusic.com
Thu Aug 26 16:52:29 PDT 2004

Folks!

    I just tried to add option IPFIREWALL etal + IPDIVERT to the GENERIC conf file and while doing make, the compiler errors out with error #1, floating point exception. If I make the kernel from GENERIC with no changes, it builds properly. There are 5 option lines I added at the bottom of GENERIC that I have been using for several years:

option   IPFIREWALL
option   IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE
option   IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT=100
option   IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT
option   IPDIVERT

    I used the traditional kernel build method I have been using for years. Maybe the old Cyrix 333 which is a 686 class cpu is not supported anymore??

Thanks for you help!

R. Gordon Price
gordon at bsd1.rgptech.com
gordon at barmusic.com