Tracking data transfer?

Nathan Kinkade nkinkade at ub.edu.bz
Thu Aug 26 15:37:18 PDT 2004

On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 04:02:24PM +0530, Subhro wrote:
> > > Could anyone suggest me a port which will allow me to keep a watch on the
> > > net data transfer that had occured through a particular IP that is
> > > associated with the NIC of my box?
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > S.
> >

> > Check trafshow. You can also use tcpdump for more detiled info or mrtg for
> > summary info :)
> >

> I meant a watch on the total data transferred through or from the IP
> in questions, not the packets which are transferred via that IP.
>
> Regards
> S.

trafshow gives some summary stats at the bottom of the screen, such as
total bytes, bytes/s, and total packets.  you can pass expressions to
trafshow such as "host 10.0.1.1" - the same expression syntax as that of
tcpdump, I believe.

Nathan
--
PGP Public Key: pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xD8527E49