xorg on 5.3 beta

edwinculp edwinculp at prodigy.net.mx
Thu Aug 26 09:15:01 PDT 2004

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Osmany Guirola Cruz <osmany.guirola at cigb.edu.cu>
Fecha: Jueves, Agosto 26, 2004 7:00 am
Asunto: RE: xorg on 5.3 beta

> Ok i copy my old Xfree86 to xorg and ..... works but i have message
> again
> NVRM: detected agp.ko, aborting NVIDIA AGP setup
> but the glx works fine i think that it'sa problem of the lasta
> driver

I'm using a cheap card that identifies as:

none1 at pci1:0:0: class=0x030000 card=0x00000000 chip=0x018110de rev=0xc1 hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'NVIDIA Corporation'
    device   = 'GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP 8X [NV18.2]'
    class    = display
    subclass = VGA

I don't load agp.ko and it works fine but I'm not a graphics person so what do I know.

I just have the following in my XF86Config

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "NVIDIA GeForce"
    Driver      "nv"
    #VideoRam    32768
    # Insert Clocks lines here if appropriate
EndSection

No bells, no whistles and no errors to worry about ;-)

ed