problem with portupgrade.. or so it seems

Joshua Tinnin krinklyfig at spymac.com
Wed Aug 25 03:41:10 PDT 2004

On Tuesday 24 August 2004 03:26 pm, "LiQuiD" <liquid at homebass.ca> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a machine running 4.10 stable that has a "problem" whenever I try
> to run portsdb -Uu.  The message the scrolls down the screen is as
> follows:
>
>  /usr/ports/INDEX:11586:Port info line must consist of 10 fields.
>
> That number changes... it basically goes from 0 to that (for all I know)
> as I can only go as far back as about 11300

Well, a recent poster with this problem was able to solve it by updating
portupgrade and the ports Makefiles (do make sure to search the list archives
before asking a question). You might also try to cvsup again, as sometimes
this happens when you cvsup in the middle of an update on the server.

Are you using a refuse file? If you're going to generate your own INDEX, you
shouldn't refuse any of the ports branches when you cvsup. This is a common
problem - it's happened to me - although I'm not sure it would generate this
error.

- jt