cvsup

Curtis Vaughan curtis at npc-usa.com
Tue Aug 24 16:26:54 PDT 2004

On 24 Aug, 2004, at 16:07, stheg olloydson wrote:

> it was said:
>
>> Ok, just to be certain about this.
>>
>> I have 4.8 installed and am about to do a cvsup
>>
>> here is my stable-supfile
>>

>>> *default host=cvsup1.us.freebsd.org
>>> *default base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup
>>> *default prefix=/usr
>>> *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4
>>> *default delete use-rel-suffix
>>>
>>> src-all
>>>

>> And I put my refuse file in /usr/local/etc/cvsup/sup/
>
>> Am I ready to roll?
>

> Hello,
>
> If you mean are you ready to update your base system to 4-STABLE, then
> yes, you're ready to roll. If you mean are you ready to update your
> entire system to the latest production release, then, no, you're not
> ready to roll.
> What are you trying to accomplish?
>
> Regards,
>
> Stheg

Right, just to 4-STABLE for now.  After this I want to then try to
upgrade to 5.x.  Let's see how this goes first.

Thanks!

BTW!  After updating to 4-STABLE do I then perform all the following
steps?

Go to /usr/src
enter the command: make buildworld KERNCONF=yourkernelname
then: make kernel
reboot
go to /usr/src and type: make installworld

And what is a good kernel name?  Maybe in this case, kernel.STABLE ?