buggy filtermail-0.7

Harald Weis hawei at nerim.net
Tue Aug 24 13:09:45 PDT 2004

Has anyone got a working filtermail-0.7 port ?

Building and installing is fine, but the result is useless because of the
following bug:
algol{me} ~ > filtermail
filtermail: 0.7 querying harald.weis at pop.freesbee.fr on Tue Aug 24 15:45:24 2004.filtermail: Examining 1 message(s).
filtermail: Deny: Harald Weis <hawei at nerim.net>: Tue 24 3H41, Tue, 24 Aug 2004 15:43:04 +0200 ["Return-Path" exceeded maxlength].
algol{me} ~ >

All messages produce the same output in test mode.
And if test is set to "NO", all messages are consequently deleted :-(

The timestamp of the tarball fetched by 'portupgrade' is still
14 Feb 2004. I've been told that the bug was fixed on 24 Apr and that
I should 'cvs' the source.

But I can't build the port from the cvs-tree of the mailfilter development
branch because of some incompatibility of the autotools (it does not work
with automake18, according to the mailfilter developer it builds alright
with automake17 on Linux. Trying to install automake17 does fail -
'make check' shows 11 failures, so I guess there is no need to run
'make install'.

Thanks for any help,

Harald

--
FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE #0: Mon Oct 27 17:51:09 GMT 2003