lost /usr/lib and some of /var :o

Daniel Rucci rucci at warganizer.com
Sat Aug 21 02:03:37 PDT 2004

Recently the harddrive which housed /var was on its way out so I saved most
of my data, around the same time my /usr/lib vanished.  = (

To fix the /usr/lib I copied it from another box I had and was able to get a
somewhat functional system.

Next I followed the instructions in
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/makeworld.html for
rebuilding world, that seemed to get my /usr/lib back to its glorious state,
however I was still having problems with the system; php4 its seg faulting
(ive tested the scripts on other machines)

I ran portupgrade -frR php4 portupgrade -frR apache2 and deinstalled
reinstalled it but still the same problems.

Anything else I can do besides a reinstall?

Thanks,

Daniel Rucci