VPN over IPSEC

Geert Hendrickx geert.hendrickx at ua.ac.be
Fri Aug 20 09:13:39 PDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 09:35:00AM +0300, Atanas Davarsky wrote:
> Hi, i am Bulgaria from. I use FreeBsd about 2 years, and i am very
> impressed.
> After read in detail "VPN over IPSEC" from handbook, I can't find a solution
> how to run VPN server if the remote clients are with dynamic ip adresses.
> Thank you

I don't know whether or not this is possible with the VPN over IPSec
method described in the Handbook, but I use OpenVPN for this (it's in
the ports: security/openvpn).  OpenVPN creates a tunnel over UDP and
uses SSL for encryption.  You can configure it to handle dynamic ip's,
it's working fine for me.

Read the man page or the website (http://openvpn.sourceforge.net), it's
very well documented, with good examples.

GH