Scheduled system backups program

Joshua Lewis jmlewis at dslextreme.com
Thu Aug 19 09:53:42 PDT 2004

I have a customer who has learned the hard way (the very hard way) that
backups of your corporate data are imperative.

Well now that I have spent the last three days trying to recover their
data I need to implement a backup plan for them.

They only have a few drives for backup (two 40G and a 160G) up so I would
like to make a full backup this week and then schedule incremental backups
from now on.

The two 40G are probably going to get striped together and the 160 is
going to be a dedicated backup.

They do not have any tape drives only hard drives and to top it all off
they only have Macs. They are using a dedicated Mac running OS 9.2 acting
as a server.

I was hoping I could upgrade that system to OS X and I was wondering if
there are any FreeBSD utilities that would work for backing up. Otherwise
I will be setting up a freebsd backup server and I would like to save the
customer the money and not have to go that route.

I am sorry for the many OS X questions I have been posting here over the
last few days but the Darwin mailing list did not respond. Does anyone
know of a good OS X mailing list I can join?

Thank you,
Joshua Lewis