apsfilter and Epson Stylus C63 on Current

edwinculp edwinculp at prodigy.net.mx
Thu Aug 19 09:23:47 PDT 2004

I've been trying on and off to get an epson stylus c63 to print on current.  I've always used apsprint which has always worked perfectly.  In this case I am afraid that Epson has changed something and this model isn't supported by ghostscript.  I've always been able to usr practically any of the basic Epson stylus entries with new epson printers and they've worked.  In this case I get a lot of form feeds and garbage.  I've tried the gimp drivers and I get a lot of | and other garbage.  Ascii prints fine.  I've tried the script in the handbook to see if I could get anything understandable from different gs drivers with no luck.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciat them of if someone has a Epson Stylus C63 or C6? printing successfully, would you be kind enough to share the secret with me? :)

Thanks,

ed

I saw that there are some linux drivers for Epson printers in general and the C6?.
Has anyone used them?  Can they be used directly as input filters in printcap?