How to get php4 extensions to "show up"?

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Wed Aug 18 14:52:13 PDT 2004

--On Wednesday, August 18, 2004 08:46:58 AM -0700 Mike
<addymin at pacbell.net> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm running 4.10. And I just and ran portupgrade and got php-4.3.8.  I
> read the UPDATING file and noticed that the php4 extensions are now
> installed separately [/usr/ports/lang/php4-extensions].

Did you comment out the extensions_dir parameter in php.ini?

> Note: I'm running Apache-1.3.31
>
> So I installed (make install && make clean) the php4 extensions using the
> curses based screen.  Aside from MySQL support (a default) I choose bz2,
> gettext, IMAP, calendar, ftp, zlib, xml, and imagick support.
>
> The install and registration seemed to work without any errors. And all
> possible php extensions are listed in /usr/local/etc/php/extensions.ini

OK.  Sounds good.

> However,
>
> When I check php (phpinfo.php) with
> "http://192.168.1.40/~test1/phpinfo.php", I get this from the "Configure
> Command" portion of the resulting php output:
>
> [Configure Command]
> './configure' '--enable-versioning' '--enable-memory-limit'
> '--with-layout=GNU' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/usr/local/etc/php'
> '--disable-all' '--with-regex=php' '--disable-cli'
> '--with-apxs=/usr/local/sbin/apxs' '--prefix=/usr/local'
> 'i386-portbld-freebsd4.10'
>
> Question: Where are the extensions I selected for installation???
>
> I'm trying to install a CMS (MamboServer) and the CMS install routine
> reports that php DOES NOT have MySQL, zlib, or xml support.
>
> I've had previous success installing this CMS using an older version of
> php4 that did not have the extensions installation seperate.
>
> What am I missing?

What I mentioned above?  Make sure you've commented out the extensions_dir
parameter in php.ini.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas