Config freebsd as getway

Rob G admin at internet-helpers.net
Wed Aug 18 06:08:08 PDT 2004

Ok my setup is something a little different but still works on the same
premise

Internal Lan --- 10base Hub --- FBSD -- Internet

THe only thing that I have different is the 24 port hub inbetween my lan and
the FreeBSD box.

It's been awhile since it was configured but here is an excerpt from my
rc.conf file:

network devices="vr0 dc0 lc0"
ifconfig_vr0="media10BaseT/UTP up" (This is my internet connection)
ifconfig_dc0="***.***.***.*** 255.255.255.0" (Lan Card)
gateway_enable="yes"

The ip for the internal LAN has been masked because they are routable IP's
and I am having problems with attacks on my network right now.

I am not sure you can do what you want to without a hub between a pc and b
pc as if my logic serves me correct both network cards would have to be set
as a gateway.

Hopefully this gets you pointed in the right direction.

Rob G
No Special Titles