What mouse? (was: Samsung Cordless Mouse)

stheg olloydson stheg_olloydson at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 17 19:44:28 PDT 2004

it wad said:
>Can anybody recommend a good mouse?  My criteria are:
>
>- Middle button easy to use.  The current crop of mice has the middle
>  button integrated with the roller, and that makes the middle button
>  either heavy or easy to confuse with the roller.
>- Preferably cordless.  Cord mice tend to wander a little when you let
>  go of them, and that's a real nuisance on a high-resolution display.

Hello,

After a bit of googling, I'd say the choices are either true
three-button _or_ cordless. Then there's the trackball route. I hate
them, but my wife loves them.
At home, I use a left-handed three-button serial testicle mouse from
Logitech. At work (a Windows-only house) I use a left-handed true
three-button with wheel and rocker switch USB optical mouse from
Contour Design. I can live without the wheel, but I love my rocker
switch because it effectively adds two buttons.
So if being corded is less of a problem than the button/wheel issue, I
would suggest checking out http://www.contourdesign.com/perfit-new.htm.
The mouse is even available in different sizes.

HTH,

Stheg