Upgrade FreeBSD

epilogue epilogue at allstream.net
Tue Aug 17 18:03:52 PDT 2004

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 01:37:27 +0200
"Pawe³@rozanka.net" <pawel at rozanka.net> wrote:

> Hey
> I have FreeBSD 4-9 RELEASE,and i wont upgrade it to
> 4.10 STABLE.I use for this operation CVSUP,and
> when cvsup dawnload sources in /usr/src directory
> ,i write:
> cd /usr/src
> make buildworld
> and system compiling the sources,while return my
> error message.

hello, P.  it is generally expected that you provide the error message you
are seeing.  trust me, you will get much better help, if you do.  without
it, we can only guess.  (btw, if you not yet familiar with 'script', try
reading its man page. it is a very handy way to capture this kind of
information.)

so, without more information about your error, my first guess would be that
you are not supping the right source.  for 4.10-release (+patches), your
cvsup file has to have this:
	*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4_10

_not_ this:
	*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4

now, if this isn't your problem, are you supping 'src-all' or have you
commented out any of the 'src-*' entries?  also, are you using a
'refuse' file?  if so, what are its contents?

please write back with more info.  in the meantime, i hope that this helps
to narrow down the cause.

cheers,
epi