logins

Mark boxend at redtick.homeunix.com
Tue Aug 17 08:09:36 PDT 2004

I've beend getting the sshd login attempts, like everyone else so I've been
watching the logs close, this is the first time to see this item in /var/log/messages.
Aug 14 04:15:00 chillico su: _secure_path: /nonexistent/.login_conf is not owned by uid 65534
I've looked in the passwd file and groups, there is not a uid of 65534 listed.
I installed rsync last week to backup some windows computers during the weekend, this would have been
during one of the backups, but the other five would have triggered the same msg, just thinking outloud here.

Any idea what would have made this entry??