Which version of FreeBSD to support a 3ware Escalade 7006 and 8006 controllers?

Darren Pilgrim dmp at bitfreak.org
Mon Aug 16 02:09:06 PDT 2004

I'm looking at getting a 3ware Escalade 7006 or 8006 RAID controller for
one of my servers.  The machine presently runs RELENG_4_8.  The twe man
page for that version doesn't list the 7000 or 8000 series controllers.
However, 3ware lists 4.8 as the supported version of FreeBSD for both.
Which is correct?

More to the point: What would be the recommended version of FreeBSD I
should use for these controllers?  Does it really matter?