cd and dvd burning program K3b and permissions for non-root users.

edwinculp edwinculp at prodigy.net.mx
Sat Aug 14 11:19:31 PDT 2004

> Chuck Swiger wrote:
> > Edwin Culp wrote:
> > I've installed K3b and it works great for the root user but I
> can't get it
> > to work for any non-privileged user even though I have put the
> user in the
> > wheel group and have set sysctl vfs.usermount=1, cd0 has
> permissions set to
> > 666, the same in devfs.conf (That solves the problem for xmms
> but not for k3b.
>
> I believe k3b runs dvd+rw-tools underneath, so you might consider
> making
> dvd+rw-tools setuid-root.  See the port's Makefile if you have
> questions.

Thanks, Chuck.  I saw that dvd+rw-tools wasn't installed so I checked the make file and found that it depends on:
   cdrecord:${PORTSDIR}/sysutils/cdrtools \
   cdrdao:${PORTSDIR}/sysutils/cdrdao

So I set the uid-root on cdrecord, readcd and cdrdao.  It still doesn't find cd0.  I must have missed one.  I'm going to keep looking.

Thanks again, I was sure that was it.

ed