updating issues

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Fri Aug 13 20:27:36 PDT 2004

Rail mail wrote:
> I have compiled kernel and now want to find easiest, safest way to
> upgrade a production machine.
>
> I'm trying to make a decision on to either A just always do a cvsup
> with RELENG_5_X and make world or B try to pull something together
> with freebsd-update.
>
> of course freebsd-update 1.4 gets upset since files were modified, due
> to src update and compile.

I could be wrong but I thought the whole idea of FreeBSDUpdate is NOT to
mess with the source. I always thought that the before mentioned
updeated only the binaries.

That being said, and if you did tamper with the source - then cvsup (to
me) is the proper course of action.

--
Best regards,
Chris

Real programmers can do octal, hexadecimal and
binary math in their heads.