Monitor Disk Usage (Unusual Load Avgs)

token chip.gwyn at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 13:46:20 PDT 2004

Steve,

  There's the obligatory 'ps -ax' to see what's running. You can also
run 'top' to get a constantly updated display of processes.   Some
other stuff you may want to look around with is 'systat' .  Just
running the command doesn't show a whole lot but with various options
and such you can pull some useful info, check the man page.  Something
else is 'lsof' which lists open files and such, can help you get an
idea of what's open and running.
You can also run 'man -k stat' and find lots of other goodies.

To find out what DMA mode is running, check your dmesg.
'dmesg | grep DMA'

While I can't provide a specific answer to your questions I've pointed
out some things that may help you find what you're looking for.   Let
us know what you find.

--chip