Strange prompt behavior in tcsh

Roger Merritt mcrogerm at stjohn.ac.th
Fri Aug 13 00:52:30 PDT 2004

I recently installed the port shells/tcshrc, and ever since I've been
getting some funny output on the console whenever I change directories:

kepler:/root# echo $SHELL
/bin/tcsh
kepler:/root# cd /etc
\033]2;KEPLER - /etc\007kepler:/etc#
kepler:/etc# cd
\033]2;KEPLER - /root\007kepler:/root#
kepler:/root#

The prompt setting in .tcshrc.set is "%B%m%b:%S%/%s%# ".

Obviously it's no huge thing, but why am I seeing the \033]2...\007 string
after 'cd'ing? Before I installed the port, my .tcshrc set the prompt to
"%n@%m:%~%# " and I didn't get the literal string. Now it only shows on the
first prompt after I 'cd', and after that the prompt seems to work right.
Obviously the port sets something else, but before I start digging, has
anyone else solved this?

--
Roger