Outbound SMTP filtering

Nick Rogness nick at rogness.net
Tue Aug 10 16:42:13 PDT 2004

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Warren Block wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Aug 2004, Nick Rogness wrote:
>
>> I am looking for an Outbound SMTP filtering solution to prevent SPAM
>> and Virii from being sent through our SMTP relay machine (FreeBSD
>> running sendmail).
>>
>> A plugin module for sendmail or maybe some external appliance?  Just
>> outbound SMTP traffic only.  Any suggestions?
>
> greylist-milter and clamav-milter are doing well for me.  They both scan
> outbound mail, although I'm not sure if it's possible to set
> clamav-milter to scan only outbound mail.

 	I guess I'm looking for more of a commercial solution.  That is, I
 	don't want to have to perform a lot of administration of adding
 	filters and virus signatures constantly.

 	Maybe I need to look more at a commerical appliance?  Anyone have
 	any recommendations?  I just want a Outbound solution!

Nick Rogness <nick at rogness.net>
-
   How many people here have telekenetic powers? Raise my hand.
   				-Emo Philips