Top posting solution

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Tue Aug 10 15:25:32 PDT 2004

Here's a good reason to top-post: I'm referring to the message as a
whole, rather than to the content.

This message came in while I was writing my previous message in this
thread.  It shows *exactly* the points I was referring to.  Yes, the
reply is posted at the bottom, but the quoted text is mutilated beyond
what anybody could have believed 20 years ago.  Your reply appears to
refer to the last paragraph only (I suppose; I can't read the
message), but you've (mis)quoted it in its entirety.

A question to you: do you like the appearance of this message?  Or do
you do it because it's too difficult to write a tidy reply?  I suspect
the latter, and that's the point I'm trying to make.  I do
occasionally have to use "Outlook", and I find it incredibly painful
to use.