Top posting solution

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Tue Aug 10 15:15:04 PDT 2004

--On Tuesday, August 10, 2004 05:45:58 PM -0400 JJB <Barbish3 at adelphia.net>
wrote:

> Over the years I have seen many posts on this list where Unix hard
> liners complain about people posting their replies to the top of the
> email messages on this list.
>
> The fact of life is all the Unix mail clients adhere to the Unix
> email format of posting the reply to the bottom of the email while
> indenting with a quote character.

Not true.  Pine doesn't.  Mulberry doesn't.  I don't believe Evolution
does.  I'm pretty sure the Firefox solution (don't recall the name) doesn't.

But I'm trying to think why someone would be posting to a freebsd list from
a Windows box....

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas