Replacing Bind8x with Bind9

Joshua Lewis jmlewis at dslextreme.com
Tue Aug 10 14:44:11 PDT 2004

       BIND 9 requires a good source of randomness to operate.
       It also requires configuration of rndc, including a
       "secret" key.  If you are using FreeBSD 4.x, visit
       http://people.freebsd.org/~dougb/randomness.html for
       information on how to set up entropy gathering. Users
       of FreeBSD 5.x do not need to perform this step. If
       you are running BIND 9 in a chroot environment, make
       sure that there is a /dev/random device in the chroot.

       The easiest, and most secure way to configure rndc is
       to run 'rndc-confgen -a' which will generate the proper
       conf file, with a new random key, and appropriate file
       permissions.

I guess I really need a bind9 on FreeBSD doc. That can answer all my
questions. I can't find anything that suites my needs on ISC.ORG. Has
anyone come across a well written bind9 doc?

I purchased the Complete FreeBSD book and several others they however
don't cover Bind9 nor does the handbook. I bought the BIND9 and DNS from
Oriley however that will be a few more weeks of reading. I am in need to
get BIND, POSTFIX, MySQL , APACHE, installed quickly. Any sources of well
written docs are welcome.

Thank you,
Joshua Lewis