Replacing Bind8x with Bind9

Joshua Lewis jmlewis at dslextreme.com
Tue Aug 10 13:46:12 PDT 2004

> Definetly consider chrooting or jailing BIND

Would you be able to point me at a doc that explains what jailing and or
chrooting a program does. Something that shows how and when it is used. I
have seen specific examples for individual programs. However I would like
to learn how and why it works and understand how to do it for all of my
programs. Especially what the difference is between jailing and chrooting

Thank you,
Joshua Lewis

Michael Sharp